SwipeAuctions is fraudulent. The "newspaper" AD Memphis Gazette which writes about getting 100 free bids for signing up at these sites is also a fraud. There is NO actual Memphis Gazette. Their use of various outlets such as AOL, FOX, NBC, CBS, ABC, Memphis Gazette etc. approving of them is also bogus.

I originally signed up at Swipe Auctions after reading about them in the so called "Memphis Gazette". The "Memphis Gazette" wrote that if you signed up with Swipe Auctions you could get 100 free bids. No where did it state you had to buy anything or you'd be charged for anything.

I thought I was putting up my credit card, in good faith, for future purchases, like is done with many other sites. I did not actually think I was buying or authorizing a purchase. I never received a receipt for my "purchase".

I received a text message from my credit card company telling me that my card had been charged $159 for an overseas transaction. I was totally surprised. Had the site clearly indicated I was buying something and not securing an option to purchase bids at a reduce rate after the free 100 I would not have completed the transaction.

Had an Experience with SwipeAuctions?

Comments